Hey my lovelies =)
I wanted to give you a short update on what is going on at the moment =)
I will be leaving for China THIS Sunday and am finally done with my packing. My list will get online tomorrow 😉
I finally got my Laptop back and can relax a bit..at least mentally, because my To-Do List is huge.
But what should you all do a week before you leave for your journey besides starting to pack your luggage and print your flight tickets?
Here are the most important things to do before any trip.
- Do you have a good travel insurance? – If you are just going for a couple of weeks you are usually covered by your normal health insurance, but I still would always check it. As I am leaving for several month I need a Special travel insurance. Prices can be anywhere between 20-70 Euros. If it is cheaper I would be careful and check what is actually covered.
- Health Issues – Get your medications and shots together well before your departure, you never know if your pharmacy has everything you want on the day you go.
- Check all your electronics and update everything before you leave. You never know if you can update your programs properly in other countries if now due to weak Internet Connections or Firewalls doesn’t matter.
- Buy things you know are either very expensive or not buyable at all in the country you go to. I for example bought a pack of coffee, deodorant and shampoo. First I can’t live without, second is very hard to find a decent one, sprays basically do not even exist and last is incredibly expensive for curly hair.
- See your loved ones. Take the time and meet the important People again. First you never know what happens and second it gets your mind away from the travel for a couple of seconds and gives you a bit of a break 😉
- Clean Up- Yeah everything, even Change your bedding. Nothing is more amazing than coming home to a clean and nice smelling place after a Long flight. This way you can drop straight into bed when you arrive or you are prepared for Family and friends dropping in for suprise visits.
- Check what happens with your letters. If you want your post being sent to another place while you are away, apply for it at least a week before, it always takes some time. Otherwise arrange somebody to empty your post box and check if everything is ok in your home on regular basis.
- Stop buying more food, empty out the fridge, what you do not eat and will go to waste during your travels bring either to friends or to any social organisation in your area who is in need for Food Donations.