So I am finally moving along with my Bike Tour. Here you get to know more about this 30 Day Project =)
This will not simply be a long list of stuff, but also I will write you what I already have and when I get the stuff I will tell you where from and how much I paid for it. So in the end this post will show you all the different places where you can get your things from as well as the total Budget used on this trip.
Because many of us have this idea that a Bike Tour has to be super expensive and that you will need all kind of fancy stuff. While I totally agree that some things simply have a better quality and are much more awesome to use, if you are on a tight budget it just isn’t always an option.
Ebay and your family can be your best friends when you don’t have much money. And guess what the cheap stuff will usually work too. It might look less amazing or maybe even isn’t quite as practical, but it will do. Especially if this is your first tour!
So let’s get this list started! The green stuff is what I already own – the red stuff are the things I still have to get.
What to pack for a long Bike Tour! – The Essentials:
- A Touring Bike (solid frame, with a rack at the back wheel for your luggage) My Dads old Bike is my last option but I would need to change the wheels. UPDATE: Got a Bike for 60 Euros 😀 will tell you all about how to find a reasonable priced bike in an upcoming post =)
- Panniers (Two bags for the back, one small for the seat and maybe one for the front) UPDATE: Ebay is your friend and helper. Found sone cool bags for 21 Euros, lets see if they are worth their money!
- Tent (Small light – maybe borrow one?)
- Camping Mat –Got one, maybe the simple one or I splurge on the extra weight and take the small inflating one (so much more comfy)
- Stove (Worst case I will make one out of a Coke Can – always wanted to try this)
- Cooking Pan (Just a small very light pot to heat up noodles or fry some eggs)
- Helmet Got my old one somewhere lying around
- Headlight/Flashlight – Camping Grounds can get pretty dark
- Phone – DUHHH
- Extra Charger for Phone – (Solar would be awesome, but normal one I got – using my phone for gps)
- Laptop (Tiny light one)
- Camera (Can’t go without any tool to film and take pictures with, right ^^)
- GPS (If you don’t trust your phone)
- Cutlery (Well thanks I got 1 Spoon, 1 Fork, 1 Knife)
- First Aid Kit – Most likely just going to set some stuff together from the old First Aid Kits from our Cars – Bandages, Bandaids, something against an upset stomach, pain killers, personal medication,disinfectant, something for sore muscles, some magnesium and iron tablet’s, something against mosquitos, a silver tinfoil blanket, small scissors & tweezers)
Clothing for a 30 Days bike tour
Seeing this- totally back to basics and just as much as needed. I will wash on the road.
- 3 Shirts (2 Sport Shirts+ 1 Tour Shirt)
- 2 Off-Bike Tops
- 2 Warm Long-Sleeves
- 2 Pants for Bike
- 1 Off-Bike Bottom
- Rainjacket + Pants
- 2 Bras
- 5 Underwear
- 5 Socks
- Sportshoes (Going to stick with my running shoes, so that I can use them for my hikes)
- Biking Gloves (Worst case I will use my gloves from my horse riding lessons^^)
- Sleeping Outfit
- Optional :Make-Up
- Face Cleanser
Tools for my Bike Tour
Literally have none of these yet. Don’t quite know if I will get them all either, but that’s what most bike touring websites suggest for long tours.
- 1 Spare Tube
- 1 Patch Kit
- 1 Multi Tool
- 1 Spare Brake
- 2 Spare Spokes
- Spoke Wrench
- Chain Lube
- Solid Tape
- Phone Book
- Playing Cards
- Sketch Book
This is a list in work, so as soon as I come up with more I will add it to the list =)
What would you pack for a long Bike Tour? Any help appreciated, I have never done a big project like this before ^^
Have a lovely Day you all !
Ps. If you are wondering why I do this Bike Tour? It is because I want to do something good and collect money for Amnesty International. Please help me reach my goal and make this world a tiny bit better!