I should have known that it just wouldn’t go smoothly. I woke up with a huge headache today, which really did not help my training at all.
So what did I do today?
I sticked with the 30 Day Fit App, as I had to do it because of the Calender. I simply forced myself, but there was no bloody way that I would be doing Freeletics, which is a lot more dynamic and involves much more head moving and jumping.
So I did:
- 20 Crunches
- 20s Plank
- 15 Prisoner Squats
- 8 Chair Dips
Both are against headaches and shoulder tension and are supposed to help you to let go of all the stress. I am not sure if the morning session really helped, but at least my back does feel a lot better, so that’s definitly a plus^^.
And lastly I walked in the fresh air with my sister for 1h30min, because I helped her with her Newspaper job. It where 3 km while carrying heavy newspaper and pulling the stupid wagon (or whatever is the right english term) behind us the whole way.
More simply wasn’t possible today.
Now I am sipping loads of tea and I really hope it will get better tomorrow, so that I actually can go for a jog, because tomorrow my Runkeeper Challenge is starting.
Besides that I made a Video with my tips against the headaches, feel free to head over and watch the video if you have some time.
Otherwiste here are my tips:
- Drink enough water (it’s important to stay hydrated).
- Try Coffee, Black Tea or Energy Drinks, it works wonders for my, sometimes my body just needs that extra kick of caffeine.
- Take a nap, headaches often come if you are stressed or tired, so maybe a nap is all you need.
- If it isn’t a severe migraine, go for a walk outside or do some yoga to release the tensions in your neck.
- If nothing is helping and it is really bad, take the medicine (duh boring right…) but that’s what it is for in the end, as long as you do not take it for every minor pain it’s fine to make the pain bearable.
How do you deal with headaches or if you are not feeling good? Are you taking a day off or are you powering through? And if you power through, care to share your tricks?