What is the first picture you are having in your head when you think about Ireland?
Is it the Cliffs of Moher?
The steep 300m high cliffs at the west coast of the island? Pretty sure many of you said yes.
It’s the scenic spot you will see on most postcards and pictures and they are stunning, so it’s totally understandable.
Today I will try a different kind of post…Instead of my usual blabla I will show you more pictures and in the end you 5 things you should know about traveling to the cliffs of Moher.
Where to stay?
Doolin if you are a Backpacker, there is a bus and they have a couple of Hostels, but book ahead during summer season! Doolin is also where the hike along the cliffs starts, but if you have a car other villages will be more relaxed and less likely booked out.
Other important information:
- There are no supermarkets in Doolin, buy everything you need before arriving there. The next tiny shop is a 3km walk.
- From Doolin you also can take trips to the Burren, this weird alien-like landscape.
- When hiking around the cliffs, be careful, there are holes under the grass and the ground sometimes gives in a bit. Step lightly and hope for the best 😉
- I’ll say it again, go to the Pub and enjoy the lifemusic, you could be lucky and somebody famous will be playing.
- Doolin is a great starting point to take the ferry to the Aran Islands
Hope you liked the information, why not leave a comment or share if you did =)
Even if you didn’t, feedback is always good 😉